My History with building
I've always been fascinated by building and how things work. I also hate being treated like a customer and not a person. So if you want to talk about bikes and equipment, then I'm your guy. But be careful, I may just talk your ear off.
My start in all things cycling was late but my learning curve was steep. The building started as simple bike and cheaper wheel builds for myself and some of my longer suffering friends. Slowly but surely, I learnt the tricks of the trade for building bikes and wheels. This has taken me from those simpler and cheaper builds through to ultra-high end road and time-trial bikes as well as triathlon and lightweight climbing wheels.
A selection of recent bike builds:
- Scott Plasma 2 conversion to Di2 with shifter from bullhorns and extensions
- Cervelo S2 conversion to Di2
- S Works Venge rebuild with the new SRAM eTap
- Bespoke Enigma Etape Disc with SRAM Red
- Rebuild of Kona Rove with SRAM Rival and bespoke wheels
A few of the recent wheel builds (hubs | rims | spokes):
- Chris King R45 Ceramic | Boyd Altamont Lite | Sapim CX Ray
- Chris King R45 | Noble Wheels Ceramic | Sapim CX Ray
- White Industries T11 | Boyd Altamont | Alpina ACI
- Hope Mono RS | Noble 56mm Carbon | Sapim CX Ray
- Hope Mono RS | Zipp 808 | Sapim CX Ray
- Hope Pro 2 | Stans NoTubes Grail | Sapim D-Light (available in the online shop)
I only ride bikes and wheels I build. That could be the folding bike all the way through to my Di2 triathlon bike. I stand by my builds. I honour my promises. And I will give it to you straight using all the knowledge that I have gained. This doesn't mean that I will stop learning. Or stop listening.
That all means that I will answer all your questions until you are satisfied with the service you receive. I will true wheels for as long as you own them. And hopefully I'll never have to, but I will repair anything wrong on your bike that was caused by me